Bhindi Bhurji– Bhindi bhurji or we can say that okra recipe is very popular and serve in every Indian houses, here we will tell you how the onions free mom’s style recipe is being made. It is very simple sabzi which can be served in dinner or lunch with rice or chapatis.
Cooking time: 30 minutes serve: 2 -3
- Bhindi(Okra)- 250 grams
- Green chili 1 finely chopped
- Coriander powder 1½ teaspoons
- Asafoetida(hing) quantity depends on quality 1 pinch is ok for good quality
- Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Gram masala (homemade) 1/2 teaspoon.
- Dry mango powder ¼ teaspoon.
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Cooking oil 2-3 tablespoons
Step 1st After cleaning and drying bhindi(okra) cut it in round shapes.
Step 2nd Heat some oil in pan and add cumin seeds, asafoetida.
Step 3rd after that you will add chopped bhindi, all spices(except dry mango powder), green chili and salt, cook on low flame by adding some drops of water.
Step 4th Now close the lid and place the small bowl fill with water on lid and check regularly so that it does not stick.
Step 5thAfter cooked add dry mango powder and garnish with coriander leaves. And your Bhindi Bhurji is ready to serve.
If you like this recipe please like, comment and share thank you