Sweet and Sour Kaddu– Here I will give you the recipe of sweet and sour kaddu(pumpkin) not everybody likes it but it is famous in north India where it serves with puri, it is very simple sabzi and found in every traditional and religious function in north India. It is the combination of raw mangoes, kaddu and some Indian spices.
Cooking time: 20 minutes serve: 2 -3
- Kaddu(pumpkin)- 250 grams.
- Kachi kari(dry mango) 1 finally chopped
- Green chili 1 finely chopped
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida(hing) quantity depends on quality 1 pinch is ok for good quality
- Gram masala (homemade) 1/4 teaspoon.
- Sugar 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Cooking oil 2-3 tablespoons
Step 1st After cleaning and drying kaddu(pumpkin) cut it into small pieces and remember not to peel skin.
Step 2nd Heat some oil in pan and add fenugreek seeds, asafoetida.
Step 3rd after that you will add chopped kaddu, spices, green chili and salt, cook on low flame by adding some water.
Step 4th Cook for 8 to 10 min and check regularly so that it does not stick, then add sugar, chopped dry mango and cook it again for 2 min more.
Step 5thAfter cooked garnish with coriander leaves and you’re Sweet and Sour kaddu is ready to serve.
If you like this recipe please like, comment and share thank you